New generation wide search area Hand Held Metal Detection set
- NIJ-0602.02 Standard Compliant
- Wide Search Area for Faster and Accurate Screening Operations
- Elegant, Robust and Ergonomic
- High Immunity to Floor Rebars allows Lower-Body Screening without Sensitivity Reduction
- Uniform Detection of Magnetic and Non-Magnetic Targets
- Full Digital Design: Consistent Performance and Calibration-Free Operations
- Indoor and Outdoor Operations
- Programmable Sensitivity
- Extended Continuous Operation Time
- Automatic Low Power Mode during Screening Pauses
- Embedded Long Life Rechargeable Batteries are renewable energy and wipe out Operation Cost of Alkaline Batteries
- Embedded Fast and Reliable Battery Charger: no need of batteries removal
- Dedicated Holder acts as Minimum Space Table Stand and Mains connection for Battery Charge
- Operator Functions can be standard or customized by the user through PC GUI and USB connection
CEIA is proud to present the new PD240 Hand Held Metal Detector, a development of the well-established PD140 model. The PD240 is a Hand Held Metal Detector that combines high reliability and ergonomics with advanced detection and operator signaling features. Effective sensitivity to all metals, full compliance with the latest Security Standards and high immunity to external metal masses are among the main peculiarities of this new device.
The PD240 incorporates innovative technical solutions which make it possible to operate much closer to floors with steel reinforcement bars than was previously possible with conventional hand held detectors. All this without any reduction in sensitivity.
Elegant, Robust and ErgonomicThe PD240 features a special ergonomic design consisting of an offset hand grip which ensures that the operator’s hand does not interfere with the sensitive detection area. On the new model the sensitive area is 70% wider than before.
This means fewer scans per person and therefore shorter inspection times per person. Special care has gone into the mechanical design of the detector. Absence of sharp edges or corners allows the detector to be passed smoothly over the inspected area without getting caught in buttons, buckles, folds or other parts of clothing.
NIJ Standard 0602.02 CompliantThe technical features of the detector comply with the NIJ standard 0602.02 and the new NIJ draft standard 0602.03. The PD240 has uniform sensitivity to magnetic and non-magnetic targets including those made of stainless steel. At the same time the detector offers excellent body-effect compensation and has high immunity to external disturbance from electromagnetic and mechanical sources.
Full Digital DesignThe PD240 is fully digital. Electronic functions include a inspection field transmitter-receiver based on Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, a digital operator interface and external communications over the incorporated USB port. This design combined with a special printed antenna ensures top reliability and very high repeatability.
Advanced Control PanelThe control panel with switches and warning lights is made from high-thickness silicon guaranteeing high degree of protection to make the PD240 suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
Advanced Alarm IndicationThe alarm signalling modes include: optical alarm which is fixed or is proportional to the intensity of the detection signal; acoustic alarm with a constant tone or a tone which is proportional to the size of the object detected; vibration alarm signal.
It is also possible for the safety manager or the checkpoint supervisor to lock one or more operator commands.
Extended Continuous Operation TimeThe PD240 metal detector is powered by two AA-size NiMH batteries with a battery life of over 100 hours. A Low Power Mode is automatically activated during pauses, extending the battery life up to 200 hours. An internal circuit optimizes battery recharging which takes less than five hours.
Latest Plastic Materials TechnologyThe metal detector casing is made from next-generation technical polymers. These plastics offer high chemical resistance and mechanical strength ensuring a long detector life even in heavy duty conditions.
Sophisticated Communication CapabilitiesThe digital design of the new metal detector also enables the maximum flexibility in selecting how detection alarms are signalled. Users can keep the factory settings or connect the detector over its USB to a PC and then personalise the settings with a dedicated graphic interface.
- 2x AA size NiMH, rechargeable batteries
|Fully customizable control panel|
- Optical, acoustic and vibratory alarm modes
- 3-level sensitivity selection buttons
|Detection and operational functions|
- Customizable via HHMD Configuration tool
- Battery life: 100 + hours (AA NiMH batteries 2500 mAh); up to 200 hours with automatic sleep mode
- Low battery indicator
- Built-in fast battery charger in combination with the HHDS Docking station
- 0 to 98% (without condensation)
- 430 mm x 80 mm x 40 mm
- HHDS Docking station: 175 mm x 115 mm x 85 mm
- Carry Bag: 430 mm x 340 mm x 105 mm
- With battery: 470 g
- HHDS Docking station (with power adapter): 755 g
- Carry Bag: 1,3 kg
- Light grey RAL 7040
- Carry Bag: Green RAL 7013
- In grey shock-resistant technical polymers
- Conforms to the NIJ 0602.02 and the new NIJ 0602.03 Standards for metal detection
- Conforms to the international standards currently applicable for safety, EMC and to the applicable CE regulations
|NATO stock number|
Part Code: # 64614
Part Code: # 64081 (PD240C # 64082)
Cigarette lighter cable for battery charger
Part Code: # 64436
Five Hand Held Metal Detector docking station
Part Code: # HHDS-5
Test samples kit for threat detection accuracy
Part Code: # 63537