Compact Metal Detector
Very High Performance Compact Detector
- Detection of all magnetic and non-magnetic metals
- Sensitivity adjustable over a wide range of values
- High discrimination capability for adjacent targets
- Automatic Compensation for mineralized and high natural metal content soil
- Balanced, compact, lightweight design
- Ease of operation with minimum training time required
- Extremely high level of electrical and mechanical reliability
- Integrated battery charger
The CEIA CMD is a very high performance, high-sensitivity Compact Metal Detector designed to detect metal and minimum-metal content targets in all types of terrain. Pinpointing of the metal objects is aided by an evolved system of acoustic modulation and an LED bar indicator, which allow the position of the detected mass to be established with a high degree of precision. The detector is manufactured in compliance with the ISO-9001 standard and has been designed to satisfy the most stringent operational requirements in any application field.
Efficient detection in all types of terrain
One-Piece Foldable DesignThe Metal Detector comprises a search head, a control unit, a telescopic pole and an elbow support all jointed together in a one-piece design.
The detection head is light and the wiring is designed to be protected from any possible damage.
The compact, highly-portable design allows immediate operational status and ease of transport.
The CEIA CMD incorporates a rapid battery charger (3 hours max.) powered by an electrical mains adapter or via the cigar lighter socket found in vehicles.
Ergonomic OperationIntentionally designed to be used easily and comfortably in every working condition, the CEIA CMD can be set up for operation in less than twenty seconds.
The equipment stands out due to its compact design, light weight, operational performance and reliability.
The telescopic pole length can be adjusted for use when standing, kneeling or in the prone position.
Exclusive Automatic Soil Compensation SystemThe CEIA CMD does not require any manual calibration; in addition, optimum sensitivity is ensured over all types of terrain due to CEIA’s Exclusive Automatic Soil Compensation System.
Pinpointing of the metal objects is aided by an evolved system of acoustic modulation and an LED bar indicator, which allow the position of the detected mass to be established with a high degree of precision.
If desired, the led bar can be masked with a snap-down cover so as to avoid remote visibility (stealth operation).
Modern Control UnitThe electronics unit is water-resistant and satisfied the most demanding environmental requirements. All the controls can easily be reached by the operator:
- volume adjustment
- sensitivity adjustment
- built-in speaker
- main switch and spring actuated reset switch
- luminous bar indicator of signal intensity
- snap-down cover to mask the led bar indicator
- headphone connector - RS-232 interface
- Power supply: batteries (2x), ANSI Standard, type C
- 1.5V Alkaline
- 1.2V Ni-MH rechargeable
- Battery life at 20°C (default search program):
- with alkaline batteries: 6 hours
- with Ni-MH (6000 mAh) rechargeable batteries: 8 hours
- Battery charge indicator
- Ni-MH batteries recharging time: 3 hours max. with incorporated battery charger
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Audible alarm with adjustable volume and visual LED display (maskable with a snap-down cover)
- Search head: 350 x 140 mm
- Folded: 387 x 157 x 75 mm
- Fully extended: 1290 mm
- Carry bag: 395 x 200 x 110 mm
- Metal Detector (without batteries): 1,98 kg
- Carry bag: 0,50 kg
- Headphone: 0,18 kg
- Complete set (batteries included): 2.77 kg
- Storage temperature: -55 °C to +85 °C
- Operational temperature: -46 °C to +70 °C
- Meeting and exceeding the relevant environmental Standards
- Level of protection IP68 (IEC 529)
- Carry bag in water resistant synthetic canvas
- Operational readiness time
- Extraction from the case, telescopic pole extension and switching on of the Metal Detector in less than twenty seconds (with batteries already inserted)
- Options / accessories
- 90-260V~ power supply adapter for the built-in battery charger
- 12/24Vdc power supply cable for the built-in battery charger fitted with a car cigarette lighter plug
- External loudspeaker