PMD2 Plus/EZHD-N : Navy reduced height version
- Capability to detect the full range of metal weapon threats even within body cavities.
- Met-Identity technology for Identification of Threat Composition. The most advanced Security Standards require detection of all ferrous and non-ferrous metal weapons and of those constructed in special non-magnetic alloys. The PMD2 Plus/EZHD detects firearms and knives of this type, even when they are hidden within body cavities, and accurately indicate the position of the threat, its intensity and its prevalent composition. Inspection personnel thereby acquire thorough knowledge of the metal item and can act, according to procedures, with maximum effectiveness and security.
- 60 pinpointing zones with high resolution & precision: 20 Vertical; 3 Lateral.
Unique Alarm Signalling
- 4 Multi-Zone Display Bars, each programmable as entry Stop/Go and/or local alarm indication.
- High visibility of the control unit and the zone indication independent from the operator position and the installation environment. Accurate signaling is essential for best operation and flow management. The PMD2 Plus/EZHD provides the user with fully-programmable signaling. Both entry-points can indicate with a high level of accuracy, even simultaneously, the vertical and lateral areas of transit of the threats detected, and can also be configured as ’traffic lights’ to control transits through the detector.
- Flexible Acoustic Alarm Signaling System: 10 Continuous and Pulsed Tones; 34 Special Sounds
- 10 Acoustic Intensity Levels. A complete acoustic alarm system allows personalization of the alarm tones and intensities, with a wide choice of continuous, pulsed and special tones at different levels of intensity. The wide volume control dynamic allows operation even in very noisy environments.
- Very High Precision Transit Counter: In-Bound Transits; Out-Bound Transits; Alarm Rate; Automatic Compensation for repeated transits of the same person. The Metal Detector provides an automatic count of the people passing through the access point in both directions and the related nuisance alarm percentage.
- Cutting-edge discrimination technology allows personal effects to be ignored, creating rapid transit flow. The transit volume magnetic scanning system, invented by CEIA and applied since production of the first zonal Metal Detectors in 1986, allows state-of-the-art detection and discrimination results. The PMD2 Plus/EZHD has an extremely low nuisance alarm rate even at the strictest Security Levels requested today, and therefore allows high transit flow rates and the minimum need for intervention by inspection personnel.
Most Powerful and Versatile Security Features
- Up to 50 built-in Security Programs: Up to 30 International Standards; Up to 20 Customizable Levels. Setting the Security Levels could not be easier and more versatile than in the PMD2 Plus/EZHD. Users can choose directly from the known International Standards or request implementation of a Standard personalized to their own requirements. Users can also create their own work program and save it in internal memory provided for the purpose.
- Chip Card system for fast, simple and secure parameter changes (i.e. alarm volume and tone, counter reading, etc...) and security level selection. One unique characteristic of the CEIA Metal Detectors is the chipcard system, which allows the Head of Security to set the Security Level quickly, reliably and without having to program the device in any way.
- Any security standard can be enhanced with selectable random alarm probability.
Communication CapabilitiesExtended communication capabilities including data networking for alarm and status supervision through wireless TCP /IP . The PMD2 Plus/EZHD can be fitted with the AP SiM2 Plus Wireless Network Module.
The APSiM2 Plus integrates a secure web server using state of the art SSL and WPA2 security protocols. The APSiM2 Plus can act to set up a local secure wireless network without requiring additional devices. The wireless network covers a 300ft wide area on open site conditions. Any authorized device capable of wireless connectivity and https browsing (such as tablet pc, smart phones and laptops) can access the following functionalities:
- Automatic monitoring of the self-diagnostics, battery level and security level of the installed PMD2 Plus/EZHD group.
- Visual representation of the transits flow through the PMD2 Plus/EZHD. The transits data is stored in the APSiM2 Plus for up one year and can be downloaded through date selection.
- One touch automatic installation (OTS). Innovative function assisting the installation through an automatic step-by-step procedure.
- Highly adaptable for installation in all environments.
- Automatic Compensation function to adjust for windy environments.
- Continuous self diagnostics assure monitored performance reliability.
- Upper tie-down points available for stabilization in case of strong winds (up to 25 mph).
- Industry Leader in Immunity against External Interferences. Exceptional immunity to environmental interferences makes the Metal Detector easy to use even when electrical noise is encountered.
- Superior CEIA reliability allows maximum ROI. The overall system is characterized by sturdy, reliable electronic and mechanical construction.
- No periodic re-calibration and preventive maintenance required.
- Monolithic construction, high degree of protection against dust and water, and high stability.