MetalMag for MRI Safety Screening
Metal & Ferromagnetic Detector
- Automatic Detection of Metallic Items and Ferromagnetic Materials Located on the Person or Inside the Body that are Considered Dangerous in MRI Scans
- Revolutionary Technology that Filters and Suppresses Alarms for Safe Items such as Underwire Bras, Eyeglasses and Shoes Ends Alarm Fatigue and Guesswork
- Precision Multi-Zone Targeting Indication Identifies the Exact Location of the Dangerous Item on the Body
- Flexible Acoustic Alarm Signaling System includes 10 Continuous and Pulsed Tones with 34 Unique Alert Sounds
- Quick and Easy to Use with Limited Staff Training Required
- Optional Remote Control Unit for Remote Access to the MetalMag Detector, including Alarm Signaling and Programming
MetalMag incorporates the benefits of magnetometers and metal detectors, allowing a rapid analysis of the patient in the search for any ferromagnetic metal objects while discriminating objects such as prostheses and implants that are not dangerous in the MRI environment.
Free-Standing Design Does Not Require Structural Modifications for Installation or Deployment
The CEIA MetalMag is designed to provide a better approach to MRI safety screening. In today’s MRI environment, there is little time for distractions. Safety screening is important for patients and staff and should be simple, fast and highly effective every time.
No guesswork. True, intelligent alarms. That is the CEIA standard!
- The capability to detect the full range of MRI safety threats, according to the sensitivity level selected.
- Quick, accurate analysis of all the parts of the body for the individual in transit.
- 60 pinpointing zones with high resolution and precision: ∂ 20 vertical, 3 Lateral.
The MetalMag discrimination technology allows it to process MRI staff and patients quickly as they enter and exit the MRI zone III area, utilizing proprietary filtering algorithms to eliminate unnecessary alarms.
- Leading-edge discrimination technology allows safe items to automatically be filtered, including standard eyeglasses and underwire bras.
- No need for specialty metal-free clothing or stringent operating procedures.
The zone target identification provides the MRI staff with the location of the area where the item has been detected for quick removal or immediate recognition. Screening performed upon a single transit, no need for subjects to spin or make multiple passes.
Unique Alarm Signaling
Accurate signaling is essential for best operation and flow management. The MetalMag provides the user with fully-programmable signaling. Both entry-points can indicate with a high level of accuracy, even simultaneously, the vertical and lateral areas of transit of the threats detected, and can also be configured as traffic lights to control transits through the detector.
- Flexible acoustic alarm signaling system for staff -friendly environment: 34 Unique Sounds; 10 Continuous and Pulsed Tones.
- 4 multi-zone display bars, each programmable as entry Stop/Go and/or local alarm indication.
- High visibility of the control unit and zone indication, independent from the operator position and the installation environment.
- Optional remote indication of detector operation.
- Automatic Detection of metallic items and ferromagnetic materials located on the person or Inside the body that are considered dangerous in MRI Scans
- Revolutionary Technology that filters and suppresses alarms for safe items such as underwire bras, eyeglasses and shoes ends alarm fatigue and guesswork
- 60 localization zones (20 vertical x 3 lateral) with left, center and right indication
- One touch automatic self installation (OTS) Exceptional Immunity to external interferences
- Automatic Operational Functional Verification (OFV)
- Automatic Vibration Compensation (AVS,EVA)
- Automatic Channel Search (CS)
- Automatic Floor Gain Adjustment (FGA)
- Automatic Technical Functional Verification (TFV)
- Automatic Environmental Noise Compensation (ENA)
- Chip Card capability for fast, simple, and secure programming
- Met-Identity technology identifies and signals the metal type in real time
- High precision bidirectional counter with automatic rescreening compensation
- Random alarm capability programmable from 0% to 100%
- Powered by safe low voltage DC
- Standard Interfaces: Bluetooth, Infrared
- Other available interfaces: Ethernet, USB
Walk-through gate structure
- Continuous self diagnostic system
- Proven reliability
- No periodic re-calibration and preventive maintenance required
- No scheduled maintenance
- Fully digital design
Central control unit
- State-of-the-art, robust, washable and compact elliptical columns
- Protected against aging, weather and wear
- Ergonomic and robust design
- High visibility alphanumeric display and programming keyboard
- Made of advanced plastics or stainless steel and anti-vandalism construction (option)
- Access to the front panel protected by hardware key and 3 levels of passwords
Type of signaling
- Visual Signals
- Multi-zone display bar for “height on person” localization
- 4 light bars with selectable entry/exit and pacing indication
- Green and red metering signals proportional to the mass of the detected target
- Audio Signals
- 10 selectable continuous and pulsed tone plus 34 special tones
- 10 selectable sound intensities ranging from 0 to 90 dbA at 1m
- Visual: Fixed or proportional to the mass in transit - visible from 6m under lighting of 4000lux
- Visual Zone Indication: 60 distinct zones (20 vertical x 3 lateral) entry and exit side
- Remote via Infrared Remote Control Unit, BluetoothTM or Ethernet 10/100 base T (option) interface
- Local by Control Unit alphanumeric display and keyboard
- Programming and chip card access protected by user and super-user passwords
- Very high discrimination and transit flow rates five or more times greater than other metal detection systems
- Quick reset time as short as 0.2 seconds for high throughput rate
- Very high detection speed (up to 50 ft/sec.)
- Built-in operational functional verification
- One-touch key reading of inbound, outbound and Security Level Data
- Automatic synchronisation between two or more metal detectors with distance of down to 2” without the use of external cables
- Automatic Installation function (OTS)
Certification and compliance
- Power Supply : 100…240V~ -10/+15%, 47…63Hz, 40 VA max
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 158°F (-35°F to 158°F upon request)
- Storage Temperature: -35°F to 158°F
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95% (without condensation)
- Compliant with the applicable electromagnetic Standards on Human Exposure and Pacemaker Safety
- Compliant with applicable International Standards for electrical safety and EMC
- Harmless to magnetic media (CDs, tapes, etc.)
- CEIA USA provides full operational and technical training support by certified personnel either at CEIA USA facility or at customer premises: phone technical support; in-house and on-site repair/services; standard and custom training