GROUND SEARCH Metal Detectors
Amphibious Compact Metal Detector
- Certified to 100m for Deep Water search
- Detection Capabilities for all metal and minimum-metal content targets
- Balanced, Compact, Lightweight design
- One Piece Retractable design
- Accurate pin-pointing of the target’s position indicated by: acoustic modulation; maskable led display
- High discrimination capability for adjacent targets
- Automatic Compensation for mineralized and high natural metal content soil
- Operation monitored by a microcomputer-controlled autodiagnostic system
- Integrated battery charger
- Completely digital electronics, with in-field program memory upgrade capability
- Ease of operation with minimum training time required
The CEIA CMD/DW is a very high performance, high sensitivity amphibious metal detector certified to detect metal and minimum-metal content targets from ground to fresh or salt water bodies down to 100 m depth.
The detector is manufactured in compliance with the ISO-9001 standard and has been designed to satisfy the most stringent operational detection requirements.
One-piece foldable designThe Metal Detector consists of a search head, a control unit, a telescopic pole and an elbow support jointed together in a one-piece design. The detection head is light and the wiring is designed to be protected from any possible damage.
The one-piece foldable design allows the CEIA CMD/DW Metal Detector to be deployed in a very short period and to be easily transported.
The detector is equipped with a built-in Ni-MH battery charger which allows the batteries to be recharged (3 hours. max) without the need to extract them. This also allows full environmental protection of the power source and minimum preparation time for the user.
Exclusive automatic soil compensation systemThe CEIA CMD/DW does not require any manual calibration; in addition, optimum sensitivity is ensured over all types of terrain due to CEIA’s Exclusive Automatic Soil Compensation System.
Localization of metal objects is optimized by an Acoustic Modulation pinpointing system aided by a Visual LED bar graph, which allows the position of the detected mass to be identified accurately.
If desired, the led bar can be masked with a snap-down cover so as to avoid remote visibility (stealth operation).
Ergonomic operationIntentionally designed to be used easily and comfortably in all working conditions, the CEIA CMD/DW can be operational in less than twenty seconds.
The Metal Detector offers the best combination of functional and operational characteristics. More specifically, it provides the highest ratio between overall dimensions, detection depth and operational weight.
The length of the telescopic pole can be adjusted for operation in upright, kneeling, prone and swimming positions.
Modern control unitThe watertight control unit withstands the most stringent environmental requirements and Standards. All controls are within easy reach of the operator:
- Volume adjustment
- Sensitivity adjustment
- Built-in speaker
- Main switch and spring actuated reset switch
- Luminous bar indicator of signal intensity
- Snap-down cover to mask the led bar indicator
- Headphone connector - RS-232 interface
- Types of batteries (2x), ANSI Standard, type C
- 1.5V Alkaline (LR14)
- 1.2V Ni-MH rechargeable
- Battery life at 20°C (default search program):
- with alkaline batteries: 6 hours
- with Ni-MH (6000 mAh) rechargeable batteries: 8 hours
- Battery status indicator
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Audible alarm with adjustable volume and visual LED display (maskable with a snap-down cover)
- Search head: 350 mm x 140 mm
- Folded: 387 mm x 157 mm x 75 mm
- Fully extended: 1290 mm
- Carry bag: 395 mm x 200 mm x 110 mm
- Transport case: 475 mm x 350 mm x 175 mm
- Metal Detector (with batteries):
- 800 g under water
- 2.75 kg on land
- Carry bag: 540 g
- Transport case: 4 kg
- Headphone: 170 g
- CMD/DW Detecting Set: 7 kg
- Storage temperature: -55 °C to +85 °C
- Operational temperature:
- 46 °C to +70 °C (land)
- from freezing to +70 °C (under water)
- Diving depth:
- Meeting and exceeding the relevant environmental Standards
- Twenty seconds typical (batteries already in place)
- 90-260V~ power supply adapter for the built-in battery charger (for land use) / ordering code: GSMD-ACPSA1
- 12/24Vdc power supply cable for the built-in battery charger fitted with a car cigarette lighter plug (for land use) / ordering code: GSMD-DCPSA1
- Headphone (for amphibious use) / ordering code: GSMD-HP-DW
- External loudspeaker (for amphibious use) / ordering code: GSMD-EXTSPK-DW
Field Programming Key
Remote Visual / Acoustic Slim Line Signaling Device
Test Pieces Set
Vibration Signaling Device for CEIA GSMDs