INDUSTRIAL Metal Detectors
Metal Detectors Series for free-falling product applications
HACCP and GMP
- Unique detection capability of magnetic, non-magnetic and stainless steel metal contaminants
- Extremely high adaptability to any product to be inspected
- FDA Title 21CFR Part 11 Compliant: Data Security; Data Integrity; Data Traceability
- Rugged AISI 316L stainless steel construction and food-compatible plastic parts (EU, FDA compliant)
- Superior washdown construction with optimal cleanability and corrosion resistance
- Ultra high sensitivity to all magnetic and non-magnetic metals, including stainless steel
- Multi-Spectrum Technology for extreme compensation of the product effect (MS21 version)
- High immunity to environmental interference
- AISI 316L stainless steel construction to IP66 and IP69K protection levels
- Control Panels listed according to UL 508A and CSA-C22.2 No. 14-05
- Automatic learning & tracking of product effect
- 500 product data memories, selectable by local programming or network software
- 10.000 storable events
- High-contrast graphical OLED display
- Local programming: 16 keys, 3 with double function
- Quick Access key for fast programming of user parameters
CEIA THS 21 Metal Detection Systems offer detection, construction quality and reliability characteristics that make them the most suitable and effective solution to automatic elimination of metal contaminants. Fully HACCP and GMP compliant, CEIA Metal Detectors are manufactured according to ISO 9001 certified Quality System using EC and FDA approved materials.
THS/G21-F series with Reduced Metal Free Zone for limited space installations, while maintaining optimal detection of all metals
Multi-Spectrum Technology (MS21 version)Exclusively developed by CEIA, this is a unique metal detection technology that both optimizes sensitivity to all metal contaminants and minimizes product effect in a very wide range of possible products.
By recognizing the different frequency response of conductive products and metals, this innovative technology cancels product effect and maintains high performance levels for all types of metal contaminants, both magnetic and non-magnetic.
The autolearn function used by CEIA Multi-Spectrum Metal Detectors equates to the repetition of hundreds of conventional transits. It explores the whole spectrum of available frequency bands in order to determine the best operating conditions resulting in unique detection performance.
FDA 21 Part 11 compliantThe THS 21 Metal Detector Series is a high-sensitivity, high-precision measuring instrument. The data relating to each detection and ejection are stored in an events memory and certify production quality, the inspection itself and programming operations, as well as the periodic functional test phases using standard test samples.
FDA Code Title 21 Part 11 prescribes rigorous criteria for access to programming and computer data protection which have been fully adopted in the CEIA THS 21 Series firmware.
The requirements regarding Security, Integrity and Traceability are therefore satisfied.
Exclusive global auto-learn systemThe THS 21 Series employs an exclusive Auto-Learn system for food products which provides simultaneous maximum sensitivity to all metals starting from a single learning transit. The system allows optimization of the detection sensitivity to all metals with the maximum speed and precision, equivalent to hundreds of conventional learning transits: these results in levels of precision and efficiency have never been obtained before.
For products with changing or varying product signal after autolearn, the THS 21 Series includes an advanced autolearn function that runs in the background, to capture this product signal during normal production while still detecting metal. When the recording is ended, the operator has the option to analyze the data immediately, or wait until a later time when the line is stopped so as not to interrupt production. The data that was added during the background autolearn is analyzed, along with the original autolearn data, and the detection parameters are modified in order to also cancel the varying product signal.
Real-time embedded self-calibration controlThe Self-Calibration control allows maximum repeatability and performance consistency over time and with environmental changes. By means of specific signals sent to the transmission and reception chain of the Metal Detector, constant monitoring of the detection characteristics is carried out, with consequent constant compensation for any variations caused by environmental factors. The result is system stability and constancy in detection performance and product effect neutralization.
Automatic verification of the installation quality and environmental compatibilityTHS 21 Series introduces new tools for the installation and maintenance technicians which allow them to measure the environmental compatibility of the Metal Detector.
The measurements include general mechanical and electromagnetic environmental compatibility, specific electromagnetic compatibility and the automatic examination of the degree of metal interference from the conveyor belt.
This latter function becomes even more important when the high level of sensitivity of the THS 21 Metal Detector Series is taken into consideration.
Increases in productivity and cost savings
- Increased detection sensitivity
- Reduced product waste
- Fewer operator interventions
- Fewer product acquisition procedures
- Reduction in line stoppages
- No periodic calibration
Modern, rugged and user friendly interface
- Industrial rate design
- Rapid data entry with extended keyboard
- Easy to read, high-contrast graphic display
- Rugged, antivandalic stainless steel keyboard. Organic graph display with extremely high contrast (3000:1) and a viewing angle up to 180°, and an extended alphanumeric keypad for quick keystrokes.
- Quick Access Function. A new function, activated simply by pressing a dedicated key, allows the most frequently-used functions to be directly recalled. These functions are programmable by the operator.
- Large Product Memory: 500 entries with easy alphabetical sorting and pattern matching
THS Production 4.0The THS Production 4.0 software provides acquisition and report capability for THS 21 Metal Detection Systems.
- CEIA-ERP API interface for communication to the factory management software (Microsoft Dynamics NAV, SAP, ORACLE ERP)
- OPC-UA protocol API for Metal Detector Monitor and Control
- Connection to an External Database and Definition of a Programmable Block of SQL Instructions for each Metal Detector Event
- Compatible with standard SCADA Systems
- E-mail sender for Metal Detector events
- Integrated Web-Server Appliance for real-time monitoring for HMI and touch panel
- Data Inspector Tool for signal and production analysis (enhanced option)
- Early Metal Explosion identification
- Connects and Acquires Data from Multiple THS Detectors via wired or wireless LAN (requires IXC module)
- Enables Data Base Management and Back-Up of Metal Detector events
- Report Data Exportable in HTML, CSV and PDF formats
- Provides User Authentication and Manages Electronic Signatures and Records
- Allows Data Integrity and Operator Auditing
- FDA Requirements Compliant, Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- High performance 64-bit database that handles more than 500 millions events
Network CommunicationThe Metal Detector can be linked to an Ethernet network (optional IXC module required). In association with the THS Production Plus Software it enables remote management of production, collection of all technical and operational events, generation of statistical and traceability reports in compliance with FDA 21 CFR part 11 requirements.
BT ConnectivityIn the THS/21 Series, local connection to the maintenance technician’s computer no longer requires physical access to the interior of the detector or the use of unwieldy connection cables.
The BT wireless communication connection can be used for programming, monitoring of the signals via the CEIA MD-Scope program and the transfer of the data contained in the Metal Detector’s events memory.
MD-ScopeSoftware Diagnostic Package complete with connector cable and hardware key:
- Remote programming
- Signal input/output
- Alarm threshold and amplitude of the signal
- Oscilloscope functionalities
AUTOTEST and AUTOMATIC TEST functionsIndustrial Metal Detectors for food application are usually equipped with basic diagnostic functions based on their emitter/receiver signals monitoring.
This type of diagnosis is not able to detect aging as well as thermal drift and other sources of minor deviations. Any of the above may result on a sensitivity reduction that could lead to non-detection of metal contamination.
THS/21 & THS/MS21 series metal detectors are natively equipped with an advanced AUTOTEST function ensuring the following features:
In addition to the AUTOTEST function, THS/21 and THS/MS21 detectors can be programmed so that periodic verifications of the calibration are carried out automatically. This feature is called AUTOMATIC TEST.
- Continuous background real-time monitoring and stabilization of the amplitude and phase response for each working frequency
- Continuous compensation of environmental and age-related changes
- Immediate alerting in case of permanent out of standard conditions
The AUTOMATIC TEST allows the manual verification of calibration by the operator to be reduced or eliminated.
The METAL DETECTOR provides a programmable output that can be connected to the conveyor line stop during the automatic test to avoid product ejection and waste during automatic test.
CEIA AUTOMATIC TEST provides an effective calibration check along with a 0 ÷ 100 % programmable reduction of the manual verifications, resulting in a corresponding reduction of:
- Labour cost
- Accidental product contamination
- Product waste