GROUND SEARCH Metal Detectors
Lightweight compact wire detector
- Effective detection (independent of wire orientation with respect to the Search Head) of: Command wires and connection wires of any diameter and type; Extremely thin up to large diameter wires; Shallow and buried wires
- Accurate pin-pointing of the target’s position
- High discrimination capability for adjacent targets
- Extremely high level of electrical and mechanical reliability
- Integrated battery charger
- Long-Lasting battery life
The CEIA CWD Lightweight Compact Wire Detector complements the CMD detectors range, providing overall superior performance in terms of sensitivity, direction-independent detection, portability and reliability.
The one-piece foldable design and ease-of-use allows the CWD Detector to be operational in a very short time.
The CEIA CWD is a lightweight and portable device featuring the capability of detecting command wires of any diameter and type with high sensitivity, in conductive and non-conductive soils, including laterite and magnetite. The Wire Detector comprises a search head, a control unit, a telescopic pole and an elbow support all jointed together in a one-piece foldable design that allows the CEIA CWD to be operational in a very short time and easily carried everywhere.
Detection is independent of wire orientation with respect to the Search Head. In addition, the CWD does not require any manual calibration: optimum sensitivity is ensured over all types of terrain due to CEIA's exclusive Automatic Soil Compensation System.
The detector is manufactured in compliance with the ISO-9001 standard and has been designed to meet and exceed the relevant Military Environmental Standard most stringent operational detection requirements (MIL-STD -810G).
The detector is equipped with a built-in Ni-MH battery charger which allows the batteries to be recharged (in 3 hours max) without the need to extract them from the unit.
- Switch-on time: 5 sec.
- Soil compensation: 16 sec.
- Search head (W x L): 140 mm x 350 mm (5.5” x 13.8”)
- Folded: 390 mm x 160 mm x 85 mm (15.3” x 6.3” x 3.3”)
- Fully extended: 1300 mm (51.2”)
- Carry bag: 395 mm x 205 mm x 130 mm (15.6” x 8.1” x 5.1”)
- Detector (batteries included): 2,25 kg (4.96 lbs)
- Carry bag: 600 g (1.32 lbs)
- Earphone: 155 g (0.34 lbs)
- Battery: 3 x 1.2V Ni-MH C cells - HR14
- Battery life: 8 h (continuous use)
- Battery charge time 3.5: h (built-in battery charger)
- Battery cycle life: 2 years of daily use (≥ 500 cycles)
- External AC/DC adapter: 100-240 Vac (50/60Hz) - 25 W
- -55°C to +85°C (-67°F to 185°F)
- -46°C to +70°C (-51°F to 158°F)
- Complies with the international standards on radio interference and human exposure to electromagnetic fields