Long-Range Hand-Held Metal Detection set
- Long detection range for standoff inspection
- Exceeds the NIJ Standard - 0602.02 detection requirements
- Search operations allowed even in close proximity of metal reinforced floors
- Large Search Area
- Uniform Detection of Magnetic and Non-Magnetic Targets
- Full Digital Design: Consistent Performance and Calibration-Free Operations
- Elegant, Robust and Ergonomic
- Indoor and Outdoor Operations
The PD240CB is a Hand Held Metal Detector that combines high reliability and ergonomics with advanced detection and operator signaling features. Long detection range for weapons and minimum metal targets, effective sensitivity to all alloys, exceeds the latest Security Standards and has high immunity to external metal masses.
The PD240CB incorporates innovative technical solutions which make it possible to operate much closer to floors with steel reinforcement bars than was previously possible with conventional hand-held detectors. All this without any reduction in sensitivity.
Advantages & Benefits
- Programmable Sensitivity
- Long Detection Range
- Extended Continuous Operation Time
- Automatic Low Power Mode during Screening Pauses
- Embedded Long Life Rechargeable Batteries are renewable energy and eliminate the Operation Cost of Alkaline Batteries
- Embedded Fast and Reliable Battery Charger: no need for removal of batteries
- Dedicated Docking Station acts as Table Stand and Mains connection for Battery Charge
- Operator Functions can be standard or customized by the user through PC GUI and USB connection
Elegant, robust and ergonomicThe PD240CB features a special ergonomic design consisting of an off set hand grip which ensures that the operator’s hand does not interfere with the sensitive detection area. Special care has gone into the mechanical design of the detector.
Absence of sharp edges or corners allows the detector to be passed smoothly over the inspected area without getting caught in buttons, buckles, folds or other parts of clothing.
Advanced control panelThe control panel with buttons and warning lights is made from high-thickness silicon guaranteeing a high degree of protection to make the PD240CB suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
NIJ Standard 0602.02 compliantThe technical features of the detector comply with the NIJ standard 0602.02 and the new NIJ draft standard 0602.03. The PD240CB has uniform sensitivity to magnetic and nonmagnetic targets including those made of stainless steel. At the same time the detector offers excellent body-effect compensation and has high immunity to external disturbance from electromagnetic and mechanical sources.
Full digital designThe PD240CB is fully digital. Electronic functions include an inspection field transmitter-receiver based on Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, a digital operator interface and external communications over the incorporated USB port.
Extended continuous operation timeThe PD240CB is powered by two AA-size NiMH batteries with a battery life of over 50 hours. A Low Power Mode is automatically activated during periods of inactivity, extending the battery life up to 100 hours. An internal circuit optimizes battery recharging which takes less than five hours.
Sophisticated communication capabilitiesThe digital design of the new metal detector also enables the maximum flexibility in selecting how detection alarms are signalled. Users can keep the factory settings or connect the detector over its USB to a PC and then personalize the settings with a dedicated graphic interface.