Faster security checks at airports
At the very high Security Levels today required for Walk-Through Metal Detector inspection, a percentage of shoes containing significant metal masses causes the Walk-Through Metal Detector alarm, thus requiring additional/supplementary screening. Metal masses still cause alarms during transit and therefore have to be examined by security. This may cause inconvenience to passengers in transit and engage screeners in longer inspection processes.
In the light of this new operational scenario, CEIA has developed the SAMD Shoe Metal Detector to check shoes worn by passengers without having to remove them, employing low-frequency electromagnetic fields which are non-ionizing and completely harmless.
The SAMD Shoe Analyzer is an extension of the Walk Through Metal Detector Gate, which complies with the most recent, stringent security requirements and reduces by up to 10 times or more the number of shoes that must be examined manually because of metal alarm.
According to the current EU Regulation for WTMDs the CEIA SAMD provides a programmable random alarm function for supplementary inspection requirements.
- Professional high-integration, optimum reliability electronics
- D.S.P. analysis with numeric filter of the signal received
- High immunity demodulation of the signals
- Exceptional discrimination
- Immediately-available display of security level
- Chip card system for direct selection of the operating mode, according to International Security Standards or customer requirements. The use of the card may be protected by password
- Programmability of all the parameters protected by passwords
- Very reduced analysis time for a rapid flow-rate (2 seconds)
- Automatic synchronisation between 2 or more devices with a reciprocal distance of down to 1 m without the use of cables
- Capacity for total remote control through an RS-232C serial line
- Automatic adjustment to environmental parameters and absence of initial or periodic calibrations.
- Proper environmental installation checked by means of a read-out of the general noise “GN” and electromagnetic noise “EN”.
- Complete interchangeability of electronics units and antennae thanks to the repeatability of the manufacturing processes
- Functionality tests can be carried out using accessory kit
|Central Electronics Unit|
- Degree of protection: IP 20 (IEC 529), with standard casing
- Dimensions and weight: IP 20: 380 x 157 x 82 mm; 1,5 kg
- Power supply: 115/230V ˜ ±15%, , 50 … 60 Hz, 30 VA
- Serial interface: RS-232C type with low impedance for connection to terminal, computer or external modem at a distance of up to 100 m
- Working temperature: -20 to +70°C
- Storage temperature: -35 to +70°C
- Relative humidity: 0 to 95%, without condensation
- Designed and built using advanced technological criteria, the probe is extremely robust and stable, yet elegant and fully protected against the effects of weather and wear-and-tear
- Total weight: 60 kg
- Display of use instructions
- Detection of metallic masses
- Sabotage or internal self-diagnosis
- Visual: fixed or proportionate to the mass in transit - visible from 6m under lighting of 4000lux.
- Audio: programmable up to 90 dB(A) at 1m
|Certification and Conformity|
- Certified as harmless to wearers of pacemakers, invalids, pregnant women and so forth.
- Harmless to magnetic media
- Conforms to the detection requirements of EU Reg. N°1862/2006
- Conforms to the provisions of EU Reg N°857/2005 for Airport Security
- Conforms to the international standards currently applicable for electrical safety and EMC, and to the applicable EC Regulations.
- Conforms to all Airport Security Standards worldwide
Part Code: APSiM3Plus/P
This test can be used by the operator to check the functionality of the metal detector quickly.
- AISI 420 sphere, ø44.45mm
- Programming chip card
- Instructions for use
- Carrying case
Independent, long life power supply in weatherproof stainless steel case, with embedded fast charger
Part Code: # MBSU-2
Part Code: # MD-SCOPE2